Friday, February 25, 2011

Fork-Tender Easy Pork Chops

I used to grill pork chops, pouring butter all over them and torturing them until they resembled hockey pucks.  I am really not very good at cooking, which is why I love my slowcooker so much; it is virtually impossible to dry anything out, and very difficult to burn anything.

So, I discovered the amazing possibility of slowcooking pork chops and boneless pork ribs, and now they are a household favorite!  Another plus to slowcooking pork chops is that you can trim the fat off before you cook them, because it is not the fat that makes them tender, it's the slowcooking!

You'll need:

However many porkchops your house will eat (I use four).  Boneless pork ribs make a great substitute, too; so if you have any that need to get cooked up, toss them in! 
You can brown the pork in a skillet, if you want, which will give you a milder flavor, or just put them in the slowcooker.  If you brown in the skillet, just brown on each side until it's as dark as you like it, then put in the bottom of the slowcooker.
and
1 Family Size Can of Condensed Chicken with Rice soup
and 1/2 can of water

Herbs and spices optional and to taste: there really is no way to screw this up.

Combine in medium slowcooker, cover and cook 6-8 hours.  You can strain the liquid off the rice when serving, or leave it there, for a pork chops and soup dish. 

I use this one when I notice that the frozen meats in my freezer really need to get used, because I usually don't need to shop for the soup can, which means the ingredients are always on hand.  Also nice for when my week is too hectic to shop for specific menus.

The pork really is soft and buttery enough to be separated with a fork, and believe me, my husband is much happier now that I don't serve him shriveled hockey pucks on his plate anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment